Chantal Faugeras posted on Facebook that she purchased the punnet from Wingham Coles on Wednesday, with three needles found inside three strawberries.
"It's quite safe to buy them but just cut them up and check there isn't anything in there that shouldn't be in there", she said.
Australian officials are recalling fresh produce they suspect might have been contaminated by a disgruntled employee of a Woolworths supermarket. The store also contacted the supplier, the police, and the health and safety authorities.
On Friday evening, New South Wales Police Force said it believed the contamination may affect six brands of strawberries - Berry Obsession, Berry Licious, Love Berry, Donnybrook Berries, Delightful Strawberries, and Oasis.
"If someone were to swallow a sewing needle, it could get caught up in their gut", Young told the newspaper.
Police have released a photo in relation to the suspected copycat incident and continue to investigate it.
Queensland Acting Chief Superintendent Terry Lawrence says its a complex operation, because the industry provides more than 250,000 punnets of strawberries in Queensland alone in a five-day period.
"[It's been done] obviously to injure somebody", he said.
"We're almost at that point of cost of production being greater than what we're selling them for".
"We want everybody to check their strawberries before consuming them ... just cut them up, have a look", Supt Lawrence said.
"To our current knowledge, two labels, Berry Licious and Berry Obsession, are the only affected lines".
This recommendation came about after the fourth case of contamination came about in Gatton, west of Brisbane.
One woman wrote on the post: "Sent my 7 year old to school with this brand strawberries this morning".
Responding to commenters about whether it was Coles or Woolies, she said: "Shocked to say the least because though it was woolies brand from other states but I literally squashed 2 out and my daughter found the first eating one".
"Luckily he pulled it back out of his mouth and told the teacher".
Where have people found needles in their strawberries?
"Yesterday, I said anyone that had bought those products since the start of last week needed to dispose of them", Dr Jeanette Young said on Thursday.
Strawberries Australia's industry development officer Jennifer Rowling told the ABC that the industry is "devastated by this incident and it's distressing to think that someone's done something like this".
She referred to the problem as "an isolated incident" and "sabotage".
An investigation is underway as more and more punnets of strawberries are discovered with needles found embedded in them.
"He's going through hell, it's an terrible situation to be in", Rowling said.